What we do:
In KS1 we have an exciting integrated curriculum which engages our children, promoting independent learning both inside and outside of school. Each topic integrates three main curriculum subjects and applies skills from a further two which encourages children to make connections in their learning.
We follow the National Curriculum 2014 covering the statutory subjects through inspiring and exciting projects.
Please click on the project titles below to read the overviews.
The Year 2 long term plan shows projects throughout the year and the RE units which are covered. We follow the LCP phonics scheme. We do not use one reading scheme, we have a wide range of phonic and key word based books. Reading books match the children's phonic knowledge.
Within these topics, curriculum subjects are taught in line with the school policies.
Yea 2 Long Term Plan
Year 2 Blog
The blog website is
The email to send your children’s work to is firstname.lastname@example.org
We are really excited to have our year 2 blog and to be able to share our educational adventures. Keeping these blogs a safe and secure place to work is very important. Through the use of the blogs, the children at Castle Hill Infant School have the opportunity to develop their understanding of online safety and how to behave when on the web. We have a few simple guidelines that we all need to keep to in order to make the most of our year 2 blogs.
Children are to only use their first name when commenting and posting
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as "Paul's Mum" or "Hayley's Granddad"
- All posts will be checked by a teacher before they are published to the blog
- All comments are moderated by the class teacher before they appear on the blog
- Always be respectful of other people's work - be positive if you are going to comment
- No text talk - please write in full sentences and read your comments back carefully before submitting
- These blogs are the property of the school and all other school rules apply when using them
If you have any more concerns about blogging, then please pop into the school and have a chat with Mrs Taylor.